We are currently recruiting on behalf of a company in Colne who are looking to appoint an Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer to join their growing business. The ideal candidate needs to provide efficient and effective administrative and secretarial support to the CEO.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 08:30am to 17:30 pm
- To manage the CEO’s email account and post, providing a discreet and effective service, identifying urgent correspondence, and responding on behalf on the CEO when required.
- To take minutes at internal and external meetings, producing and circulating timely and accurate action points and minutes, as appropriate.
- Produce timely and accurate typed documents including but not limited to emails, letters, minutes / agendas, proposals, presentations, reports and specific documents pertinent to the role.
- To provide general administrative support for the CEOs office, including word processing, record keeping, filing and photocopying.
- To remain calm under pressure, flexible, friendly and helpful to all stakeholders.
- Always use a professional telephone manner ensuring that a high level of customer care is maintained.
- Provide effective communication skills, both written and verbal on behalf of the CEO.
- To assist in the monitoring of financial schedules and budgets, including processing the CEO’s expense claims.
- Manage hotel bookings and flights in accordance with schedules and budgets.
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate.
- To act as a first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation on behalf of the CEO, and respond to general telephone enquiries, dealing with queries and forwarding to the relevant staff.
- To manage the CEOs diary, travel and accommodations arrangements, ensuring effective use of the CEOs time and troubleshooting where necessary.
- To facilitate arrangements for meetings involving the CEO, including managing room bookings and venues, catering, room preparation and compiling and disseminating agenda and papers.
- To remain discreet with an understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Ensure all company operating standards and legislative requirements, policies and procedures are adhered to (and effectively introduced where relevant) to protect the company’s customers, colleagues and property.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment for staff and customers in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
If you are interested and feel you have the right experience, then please send your CV to the email provided below